David Heinemeier Hansson
Co-founder of Basecamp,
Co-author of Remote
David Heinemeier Hansson is the creator of Ruby on Rails, cofounder & CTO at Basecamp , co-creator of Hey.com, best-selling author of 'Rework' and 'Remote', the author of 'It doesn't have to be crazy at work'. He is also a Le Mans class-winning racing driver, and family man.
David is one of most influential people in the remote work movement. His ideas about creating value-driven businesses, keeping work processes and products simple, and his leadership and software craftsmanship have shaped many of the beliefs that Remote Forever Summit is built upon.
David does not have a LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram profile. Follow him on Twitter if you want.
- Building a profitable product company remotely
- The insiders look into how Basecamp operates as a fully remote company
- Keys to success: embracing simplicity in processes, products and operations
- Effective communication without meetings
- A culture of freedom, happiness and innovation
If there is one person in the world who knows how to do all this, it is David Heinemeier Hansson. In this closing session, David shares a few stories on how his leadership is rooted in agile values but how he has chosen to detach himself, his processes and his leadership from the agile practices, routines and ceremonies.